Wednesday, January 11, 2012

How it all started......

scan0015

***This is my very first postcard that I received from the Postcrossing website.  It is from Sila, Italy (where the sender was spending his summer vacation because he is originally from Italy).  But, the card was actually sent from Belarus and contains the Belarus postage.
***A winter view from the Italian National Forest Park is depicted here. The park is located in southern Italy known as the Calabria region.  Sila is more commonly known as La Sila and with its vast mountains and woodlands make it a great outdoor escape.
***Thus, with this card my journey as a collector and postcard enthusiast as well as what I feel at this time is a lifelong hobby began.  By receiving this card, I learned how to correctly pronouce Belarus and it's location in the world......Belarus is a country in Eastern Europe, that is surrounded by Russia, Ukraine, Poland, Lithuania, and Lativa.
***Below is the wonderful snow covered field stamp, I would love to be breathing that crisp fresh air right now!!!
***Food for thought:  What was your spark?  Have you heard of Belarus?  Lastly, do you find that twinge of happiness at the sight of personal mail?  (I know I still do, but the first one does hold a special place and that's why I share it with you here.)***
stamps11

2 comments:

  1. my first postcard was when I was in 5th grade. My neighbors gave me a card from Texas! (I lived on a hobby farm in Northern Wisconsin) To me it might have as well been from the North Pole! Anything from anywhere other than my home town was a big deal in those days :D (I was hooked ever since)

    Great blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome and thanks for sharing!!! It's always the little things that leave the biggest impressions!!!

      Delete