Sunday, January 29, 2012

Red! Red! and more......RED!!!

scan0001
***I received this card late in January, the last card from a Facebook Christmas group swap. It is from Romania and it was a nice late holiday card, which in turn started the "red" theme for this month. Also, it is my first card from Romania. On the front of this card is the words "Boldog Boldog karâcsonyt! unnepeket!" which actually is Hungarian that translates to "Happy Happy Christmas! Holidays!" Hungarian along with Romanian, German, and Ukrainian are the four major languages spoken in this country, neat! The stamps below depict ceramic vases and are from 2005, the 30 & 50 value ones say "bani" which means "money".
***I collect Buddha cards, so I loved when this one arrived....
with the beautiful sailboat stamps and looks like a temple in the clouds on the other stamp...
scan0003
***The next two are the black & white with those touches of color. I have traded with Hanna in Germany before and she always finds the best cards for trading as you can see. I do love gnomes (they can be creepy weird, but fascinating all at the same time). I also enjoy funky art (that classic microphone is awesome---makes me wanna cut a rug!!!). The stamps are cool as well, from the "200 Jahre museum für Naturkunde Berlin" translated to "200th Anniversary of the Museum of Natural History" on the gnome card to the St. Michael’s Church and St. Mary’s Cathedral at Hildesheim UNESCO stamp, I've learned about different places. Check this link for more info on the site http://whc.unesco.org/en/list/187. I only have one Unesco card, so this stamp was great to receive.
scan0009scan0008
stamps3
stamps4
stamps1
stamp2
stamp7
stamps7
***Food for thought:  Do you have a favorite color or colors that arrive in themes or cards that arrive in themes? I'm more partial to blue, love to wear black, but in other things like art and such I like pops of red! My coffee table with it's microfiber is RED. I never knew about Unesco sites until I started collecting postcards, it really is a great way to learn about the world!!! Have you learned new things about life through a hobby of yours? Have you ever thought about how life relates to stamps?***

No comments:

Post a Comment