Thursday, February 2, 2012

My friend Brenda :0)

Alice in Wonderland
***I think to myself...what if I never went to that first Postcrossing meetup
 (11/19/2011)? I think that I would have still met Brenda eventually due our love and wanderlust for all things postcard related, but all things fall in place where they should and that was the day I was to meet this lovely individual. I also call her my postcard mentor, LOL! This wonderful card above was sent to me from her!!! I call it a triple threat of awesomeness, but it's really a triple treat!!! I collect "Alice in Wonderland" cards, it is a Disney card (which she loves Disney), and it has the 41 cent Star Wars stamp of Darth Maul. She knows I collect and love Star Wars cards as well!!! This card has 3 things I love and it is from my newest dear friend!!!
star wars, darth maul

***In addition to hanging out with Brenda for a 2nd Postcrossing meetup at The International Postcard Convention in Orlando, FL., she has taught me a lot about the different types of postcards (history and such) and blesses me with the best cards. She gave me my first "hold to light" card (aka-HTL) as well as the one below. HTL cards are from the early 1900's, have die cuts in order for light to ignite the beauty of each design once the card is thus...held to the light. I will eventually do a blog about them. This Titanic card is a replica of an original design. Titanic cards are simply amazing and as Brenda says, "It's like holding a piece of history in your hands." I was instantly hooked on vintage cards from this day forward as well as ship related cards. Since this card is an unused card, I would like to share with you these U.S. Merchant Marine ship stamps that I recently bought. I think they are pretty niffy.
titanic

ships

***Lastly, Brenda is a great example of how a wonderful human being should be---happy, humble, and spirited and that's only the beginning of this awesome woman I now call my friend!!! I know I'm tooting her horn, but it's nice to appreciate the special people who touch your life thru laughter, fun, and sharing. Why not let people in your life know they are awesome and you appreciate their presence!?! If you get a chance, check out her blog: http://www.9teen87spostcards.blogspot.com/
She's been at it for years and has students follow her blog as it is very educational!!!
***Food for Thought: The joy of postcards and sharing is a wonderful world to be in, have you let your loved ones know they make a difference? I send my mom postcards and at first she thought I was silly because we live 10 minutes away from one another, but now she loves it!!! With Feburary here and the spirit of love in the air (you do not need a lover, just love), I say tell those special ones in little ways how awesome and grateful you are for them being in your life! Do you have certain friends that you know it's always going to be fun to be around? I know I do and I always look forward to their company. Lastly, what are things you like that would instantly make your heart soar if you got an image of them via snail mail? I think mine are apparent thru my blog.***
Love and light, take care of one another!!!

3 comments:

  1. awww - I have tears in my eyes! There is a saying, 'to have a friend, you need to be a friend'. And you have been, and are, my friend. Thank you

    I LOVE the 'Food for thought' part of this blog post! nicely done! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Alice in the Wonderland and the Titanic ones!<3

    ReplyDelete