Friday, February 3, 2012

Postcrossing Meetup

***This first card was sent to me from Vix in the Philippines from a Postcrossing meetup they had. I love cards from the Philippines because my mom is from there and I am 1/4, so I appreciate and love all things Filipino!!! One day I hope to visit, it would be great to catch a meetup!!!
Philippines pc meetup

postcrossing

***This card came from my 2nd Postcrossing Meetup (& from my friend Brenda!) in Orlando, FL that was held at the 2012 Orlando International Paper and Postcard Expo.  This is where I learned about vintage and old school cards, a real treat for any postcard enthusiaist!!!  Since finding cards about the Ringling Bros and Barnum & Bailey Circus World, I've also learned about the museum located in Sarasota, FL.  What wonderful info for it to be so near, I hope to make a visit soon. This card contained a Forever Buzz Lightyear (from the Pixar movies---Toy Story) stamp!!!

harry potter

***Who doesn't like Harry Potter?  Well, this card is actually from my first PC meetup (signed at my 3rd PC meetup), but I just recently heard about how my friends send cards to themselves and since I do prefer written and stamped....not blank....this is the first of many cards I will be sending to myself, LOL!!!  I sent myself the Purple Heart 37cent stamp that recently my mom found them (she forgot that she had them) and because though my dad has since passed away, he received two purple hearts for his service in the Korean War as a Marine.  Being able to have a free day at Universal thanks to the_beatles_4_ever on Postcrossing, I was able not only to purchase a lot of postcards, but get this card stamped with the Hogsmeade Owl Post stamp that you can only get at the park!!!  It's a wonderful world of postcards and stamps!!! 

purple heart

***I'm also sharing some sheets of stamps.....Our version and celebration of the Chinese New Year of the Dragon here in the states.  I just think they are cool and wanted to post them!  Secondly, my Postcrossing stamps were sent to me from a penpal I made via Postcrossing (Mirjam in the Netherlands). She sends me the best things and I've learned a lot about different European and Dutch cultural happenings.  So, when I say that postcards connect the world, I mean it, and some create deeper connections than others.

dragon new year

postcrossing stamps

***They came in a niffy little folded card and are behind a plastic cover!!! I do not really collect stamps, though I love them. But, since Postcrossing is where it started and they created a Postcrossing stamp, I will keep these unused and adore them!!!

***Food for Thought: Do you like Harry Potter? I sure do. Have you ever been to a Postcrossing meetup? My mom went and really enjoyed herself and she's not even a Postcrossing member!!! Are their certain stamps that tug at your heartstrings because they help to you to remember, enjoy, or even think about things that are important in your life? I think there is only one answer to that question......YES!!!  Thanks for reading...peace and blessings;0)

6 comments:

  1. Love the cards, love the blog, but also love your stories very much! You are so passionate about postcards and sending them! Will be looking forward to come here again to do some more reading ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Natacha!!! I know it's lengthy, but I do not get to post daily...so I make up for it in blah blah blah!!! Now it's time for me to go and follow your blog as well!!! <3

      Delete
    2. Natacha, just another quick note....I already follow your blog and thanks so much for the sweet and awesome comments!!! Makes me happy!!!

      Delete
  2. great blog post! I always send myself a postcard or two when we travel. When our kids were young I had them send themselves postcards too. Sometimes even if we did something really cool at home they would write about it in a postcard and send it to themselves. Now they have their whole childhood in written form in their own handwriting. Before they could write, I had them draw pictures on a few cards too. Now they are older and love to look through their collections.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a great way to create family memories even if you are not a postcard lover!!! Thanks so much for sharing!!! Thanks for the compliment!!!

      Delete