Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Relax, Rekindle, Rejuvenate---Where's your zen???

scan0004
***I would love to be relaxing, rekindling, and rejuvenating in that nice tub, soaking up some zen right now. This card I received from Apple in Taiwan as a direct swap. The bottom of the card is white and not scanning, but simply says "Rekindle your soul" and has some Chinese writing as well. Apple writes "this postcard is a hot spring in Miaoli (located in central Taiwan)". In addition to the cool stamps (a Panda and a pot that looks like it would make perfect hot tea) on the back is written....
"Release their billowing energy.....
The view from the window is like a framed picture.
The sunlight flickering through the trees ushers you into nature.
You will expect the strokes of the breeze,
You will expect the leaves fluttering down slowly......."
I find zen in this card!!!
scan0003

***The second card (also from Taiwan) has yet another element of zen for me......a nice cup of hot tea, to be enjoyed alone while writing my posts and postcards or with a friend or two sharing precious moments. With this card, I am also sharing the entire back of the card. It has so many nice stamps from the pink train and railway stamp to the special 11/11/2011 post office stamps x 2!!!  I did receive this card in November, but it pairs nicely with the one from above I received in January. Here in Florida, the winters are mild compared to other places around the globe where winters are bitterly harsh and cold, but I'm already thinking of the new growth of spring...thus the zen of growth thru relaxation and reflection. We should think of budding out of the cocoon of winter rekindled like a hibernated bear ready to get on with life with a ferocious appetite!!!
scan0001
scan0002
I have gotten some of my best cards from Taiwan!!!  Taiwan is an island of the coast of mainland China in the western Pacific Ocean.  I would love to someday visit!!!
***Food for Thought: Do you like to relax in a hot bath? I do and a hot springs is even better, that place looks ideal for my type of relaxing. Do you enjoy tea, coffee, or ? I love hot tea (Earl Grey and Jasmine are my current favs) and a cappuccino is nice too!!! Where do you like to relax? For me, a massage, the beach, and with a friend sharing a hot beverage and lots of chatting!!! Those are just a few, but postcards make you think about the little things that make a big difference in day to day life, a break and a cup of hot tea can go a long way when you have a long way to go........

2 comments: